About Biometric Access Control System
Biometric Access Control is a system that holds the door for intruders and prevents them from accessing the resources by verifying them as unauthorized persons on the basis of biometrics authentication. In Biometric Access Control system, biometric authentication refers to the recognition of human beings by their physical uniqueness.
Biometric Access Control system works on substantiation. Biometric Access Control system scans the person and matches his/her biometric data with the previously stored information in the database before he/she can access the secured zone or resources. If the compared information matches, the Biometric Access Control system allows the person to access the resources. Today, Biometric Access Control system is considered to be the best and one of the most secured authentication systems amongst the other access control devices.
The solution is access control, which can range from code and card systems to biometric access and facial recognition – the latter is more costly but also more advanced and better for high security areas.
Here are the 5 major benefits of having access control systems installed:
1. It will save you time and money – staff hours can be monitored creating a more productive environment and eliminating false overtime.
2. Link it to payroll - biometric access control as well as “Time and Attendance” systems can be linked to your payroll allowing for accurate and streamlined billing.
3. It provides more control and all-round security - access control can be integrated into your CCTV and security automation system.
4. It protects high security areas – biometric and facial recognition systems especially offer uncompromising protection which requires identification via finger prints, eye retina scans, hand prints and other physical features.
5. It controls the flow of traffic throughout the building – this means you have more control over where your employees or visitors are at any given time and also restricts people to certain areas.